Before applying for a grant you need to:
- Decide which schools will be a part of the cluster that is applying for funding.
- As a minimum there must be four schools, one of which must be from a participating country outside the UK
- Choose a lead school and identify a cluster co-ordinator.
- Secure the support of head teachers.
- Decide on one or more themes for your work. At least one of the chosen themes must be from an international partner school’s country.
- Assess whether there is any additional training required for your cluster of schools.
We also strongly advise that all applicants read the Practical Guide to Connecting Classrooms document.
The guide contains all the information you need to apply for and manage your cluster grant, including details of funding, timelines for reporting and roles and responsibilities.