Aligned with current education priorities across UK and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, this fully online professional learning will support you to think about, plan for, and implement, Learning for Equity and Sustainability in your own practice and in your teaching context.
You will make connections at individual, institutional and global levels, inspiring you and your students to develop the confidence, skills, knowledge, values and attitudes we all need to thrive and create positive change in our increasingly interconnected world.
Developing the confidence to plan for and implement Learning for Equity and Sustainability in your practice.
Who is this for?
This course is fully funded for all 3-18 years teachers in state funded schools, colleges and early learning and childcare centres in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. You will be supported by skilled facilitators with a background in Learning for Equity and Sustainability and online learning and do not need any advanced technical expertise to take part.
How will I benefit?
Engagement in this fully funded course will:
- Support you to create an enabling environment for Learning for Equity and Sustainability in your teaching and setting, and significantly enhance young people's educational experience
- Inform your own professional development
- Enhance your participation in the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning programme, supporting whole setting and cluster approaches
- Give access to an international network of like-minded teachers
While participating in this course you will:
- In the context of Learning for Equity and Sustainability and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, reflect on how to develop the skills and values required of teachers and learners to live in an interdependent world
- Critically consider practical approaches to learning and teaching for Learning for Equity and Sustainability
- Reflect on the impact of approaches to Learning for Equity and Sustainability at an individual, whole school and global level
- Develop confidence in your teacher leadership for Learning for Equity and Sustainability and engage in peer learning opportunities through an established practitioner network.
12 hours over 10 weeks.
The course is fully online and involves participation in online discussions and activities in five course modules. Modules will be released fortnightly.
The training has been developed and will be delivered by the University of Edinburgh and Learning for Sustainability Scotland.
How to book
To book, please contact Learning for Sustainability Scotland.