This course brings 20 years of international award winning, cross-curricular links and curriculum development between teachers and schools in Wales and the global South into your classroom.
Level 2 intermediate and Level 3 in-depth.
Enrich teaching and learning through the themes of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Food and nutrition; Water, sanitation and waste; Biodiversity; Agriculture; Fisheries and marine resources; Energy; Transport; Land use; Conflict and migration; in the context of sustainability.
Who is this for?
Key Stage 2 and 3 teachers.
How will I benefit?
This course will give you greater understanding, knowledge and skills as a global learning practitioner through:
- Increased understanding of the cultural, political, environmental and socio-economic contexts of your own and your partner school’s locality
- Questioning and critically assessing different perspectives
- An appreciation of the interrelations and interdependencies between the global North and South
- Increased confidence in the delivery of sensitive global issues
- Increased competencies in engaging students in critical awareness of themselves and the wider world
- Enhanced digital literacy through online critical enquiry.
This course will enable you to apply your global learning to:
- Become active and motivated as a peer global learning educator and motivational mentor to triad teacher peers
- Engage in action research, critical thinking and curriculum enrichment
- Critically apply new ideas and approaches towards achieving a just and sustainable world
- Critique and assess students’ responses and responsibilities to global issues
- Broaden your horizons beyond traditional learning environments
- Develop greater awareness of contrasts and comparisons between Welsh and international dimensions.
One six hour workshop.
A choice of six blocks of two hours or two six hour days.
Twilight inset and online sessions
How to book
To find out where and when courses are being held, and to book, please contact Sazani directly. Alternatively you can host a course at your own school on a date to suit you by booking through the British Council directly.