Finding the right partner school is crucial to making the most of your Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning experience. Before you start your search, it's worth taking time to get really clear about what you are looking for and why.
Things to consider
- Your objectives: What do you want to get out of a school partnership? What benefits are you seeking for pupils and staff?
- The type of partner school that would suit your needs: Are you looking for a partner in a specific country or with a particular focus? Please note, if you are thinking of applying for a Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning grant, you'll need to partner with a school(s) from our participating countries.
- What you can offer a partner school: This could include cultural factors, curriculum strengths, ICT facilities, extra-curricular activities etc.
- Location and demographic: Would like to work with a partner school with a similar demographic or in a comparable local area?
- Activities: What kind of joint activities would you like to work on together?
- Resources: What are the resources you and your partner might need or like to use to communicate? Think about virtual communication in particular, including your ICT set-up for Skype, Zoom etc. Download our guide below.
- Visits: Will you be considering teacher visits or would you prefer to collaborate virtually for the duration of the partnership?
Getting your senior leadership team on board
It's really important to be clear about your plans before sharing them with senior members of staff. Be prepared to talk to your leadership team about how a partnership will benefit pupils, staff and the wider school. They will also want to know which members of staff will need to be involved and how.
Finished your initial planning and discussions? Visit our Partner Finder tool to start your search.