A Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning cluster is a group of schools in the UK and overseas that work together to support one another with global learning.
Forming a cluster group doesn't have to be hard work. Cluster groups can be comprised of just four schools, with at least one of those being based overseas, although there's no limit to the number of schools taking part. Schools can work together online, and also have the option to carry out face to face activities once travel restrictions are no longer in place.
Funding and support is available for both options, and you can apply for a travel grant today in order to facilitate a future reciprocal visit.
How it works
Cluster groups can include a mix of primary and secondary schools. There's no limit to the number of schools taking part. However, as a minimum, there should be at least four schools involved, one of which must be from a participating country outside the UK.
To get the most out of a cluster, it's good to have a mix of the following types of schools:
- Must be in the UK.
- Applies and manages any grant funding you apply for.
- Has strong experience working with international partner schools and of development education.
- Has a role in coordinating the activities within the cluster.
- Ideally, has some previous experience of development education and/or international partnership working.
- Possibly new to international partnership work.
- Keen to learn from lead and partner schools and start building global learning education.
One of the biggest benefits of working in a cluster group is that they are eligible to receive up to £35,000 in grant funding to work together.
The grant covers all aspects of global learning within the cluster, including reciprocal visits and training. While we are not currently facilitating face to face visits due to global travel restrictions, you can apply for a funding for a future reciprocal visit today.
If you'd prefer not to travel, funding is also available to support virtual activities within the group, as well as a number of ready to go resources and activities.