Discover the power of global learning
The new Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning programme supports schools internationally to learn about and collaborate on the big issues that shape our world.
How it works
Connecting Classrooms is a flexible journey for schools around the world of learning, knowledge sharing and international collaboration. It entails the following:
1. Partner with schools – collaborate with peers in the UK and other countries on school activities focusing on global themes. Partnerships offer teachers the chance to share experiences and learn from each other.
2. Develop your skills – we encourage teachers to continually improve their knowledge and expertise at embedding global themes in their teaching, by completing our training courses, available online and face-to-face.
3. Classroom activities – complete activities with partner schools based on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Download one of our free resources to start embedding the principles and themes of the SDGs in your classroom.
4. Apply for funding – as a cluster of schools or one-to-one school partnership, you can apply for funding to facilitate visits, events and training as part of the Connecting Classrooms journey.
5. Accreditation – whatever stage of your Connecting Classrooms journey you’ve managed to reach, you will receive the relevant level of the International School Award to recognise and highlight your achievements in embedding international education in your school.
Schools are also invited to make use of the many classroom resources, free online training courses and other opportunities to partner with overseas schools with and through a range of other organisations.
Why take part?
Connecting Classrooms is about more than just understanding global issues; it's about upskilling both teachers and students to create positive change in the world. As part of Connecting Classrooms, you can:
- visit a partner school, collaborate and plan how to embed global themes into your curricula.
- strengthen pre-existing partnerships and expand your network.
- equip students with the skills they need to thrive in an increasingly global world.
- take part in fully-funded training for leaders and teachers, face-to-face or online.
- support the international collaboration of young people in their community and play a part in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.